Description

My name is Chirag Satsangi, I am a sophomore at UNCG. I've always been interested in photography, and this blog is about how the Internet has affected modern day photographs.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Who the heck are you?

My name is Chirag Satsangi, I am a sophomore at UNCG majoring in Business Studies and Communication Studies. I have had a big passion for photography and film since I was young. I always thought it was amazing how you could tell so many stories in one photograph. The many angles you could do, the different lighting possibilities, and endless possibilities you could do with so little. I come from a huge family and many friends, therefore I do more portraits, however I would like to go into nature shots as well. I always preferred to be behind the camera then in front, so I have much experience with handling different objects, people, and scenarios. I have worked with a photographer for many years in the past, learning the ways of taking a picture, and how. Then I realized; there is no one way of taking a picture. A good photographer takes a photo from their own perspective, not from someone else's. A good photo is taking at a certain angle, with the right lighting, and the perfect pose. A great photo is taken from the eye of oneself.

1 comment:

  1. I agree- art, be it photographic, musical, or otherwise, is most valuable when it is authentic. The only way to create something authentic is to express yourself as you want to express yourself. Or as you say, from the "eye of oneself".

    ReplyDelete